Tuesday, July 03, 2007

May Garden



It was too nice to be inside for the past several weeks even with some of the really hot days so I haven't been updating this blog. The garden is completely in and is doing very well so far this season.

The Roma tomatoes from last year self-seeded and there are about 12 more plants growing in the gravel. I gave my in-laws one and it survived and is growing very well. Our neighbors wanted several and we transplanted 8 more that survived. I left about 3 in the ground and reorganized the planters around the area just in case they grow as high as last year.

The savoury and oregano (left hand picture) are growing very well and the oregano was trimmed back once already and the spices dried and bottled. The basil (right hand container in right hand picture) really likes being in a small container. The box is about 30x30cm and gets sun from noon hour until the end of the day. It was over 30cm in height before I trimmed it back and dried the basil.


The planters on the fence contains geraniums and are doing very well. Underneath them in the shadow are impatiens and the colours are the same as the geraniums and the two together are quite nice. When (if) I get time I will take photos so you can see what the combination looks like and what the whole garden area looks like.

No comments: